" WE TEACH YOU SO YOU CAN TEACH YOUR DOG "
We are a non-profit volunteer run organisation that offers training classes in Obedience, Scent Work, Tracking, Agility and Rally for all levels from beginners through to trial standard. Classes are held on Sundays throughout the year at The Domain Crossroads Oval and are run by experienced instructors who are active in their respective canine sports fields. For more information click on the links below...
We strongly believe in positive reinforcement training techniques.
Please note that to attend any class you must register and pay online via a link supplied on this Website (For Puppies or Beginners only) or a link supplied to you by your instructor.
If you've been unable to book a class due to space constraints you may wish to consider contacting a private trainer. We can recommend trainers if you message us.
JOIN A CLASS HERE
If you have just welcomed a new puppy or an older dog into your family then you can enrol in a PUPPIES (less than 6 months old) or BEGINNERS class and at the same time complete a MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION. Just choose the relevant button below for more information and then click on the intake link within that class to finalise your enrolment.
Membership Options-12 Months
Family...$30 Initial / $25 Renew
Single...$25 Initial / $20 Renew
Concession...$20 Initial / $15 Renew
All new Membership Applications are processed as part of class enrolments. Just join a Puppies or Beginners class and follow the procedure.
Class Fees are $5 per lesson.
Class fees can also be prepaid at a cost of $25/6 classes or $50/12 classes.
IMPORTANT COVID19 NOTICE
We want to make sure that all of our members and dogs stay safe and healthy.
To help with this please:
1. Stay home if you or your dog are unwell.
2. Only attend the Domain ground if you have booked a class online.
3. Only one handler per dog.
4. Keep a distance of at least 1.5 metres from others.
5. Hand sanitizer will be available, please use it.
6. Cover your coughs and sneezes.
President’s Report 2020
Benjamin Franklin said that ‘out of adversity comes opportunity’ and I am pleased to say that has been the story for our Club this year. The challenges caused by the suspension of all training and trials due to the COVID19 pandemic have been significant and the response by our committee, instructors and volunteers has been remarkable.
2020 has seen the following highlights and opportunities:
• A new online registration system was implemented. This has allowed us to better manage class numbers; move to electronic transactions; and instructors to have better information about dogs and their owners before classes;
• A new website has improved communication and information for our members;
• New financial initiatives have been offered to support our instructors and volunteers and we extended 6 months free membership to all members due to COVID19 disruptions; and
• Adjustments have been made to the design and structure of classes to better meet the needs of members and instructors.
We appreciate that changes can be frustrating and challenging at times. Thank you for continuing to navigate and embrace new ways of doing things. This has allowed us to recommence classes as soon as reasonably possible whilst continuing to provide a safe environment for you.
I acknowledge the significant contributions of Cynthia - Vice President, Mark - Treasurer, Liz - Secretary, Michelle - Assistant Secretary and Lynne - Trial Secretary and all members of the Committee throughout the year. Thank you also to our auditor David Howie, Pauline – Head Instructor, Emily - Deputy and all of our instructors and volunteers. I make special mention of Trish and Mark who successfully set up and guided us through the on-line registration system.
It has been an unusual yet successful year thanks to all of our volunteers. ‘Volunteering is the ultimate exercise in democracy. You vote in elections about once a year, but when you volunteer, you vote everyday about the kind of community you want to live in’* If you enjoy being a club member, I encourage you to volunteer some of your time to help the extraordinary community at HDTC so that we can continue to provide quality training and opportunities.
President, September 2020 (*author unknown)